Ladue Chapel Cookbook
We are going to be publishing a NEW LADUE CHAPEL COOKBOOK!
It’s been 28 years since we published our last cookbook in 1993, to commemorate the 50th Anniversary of Ladue Chapel (with a reprint 14 years ago). With the focus on cooking and eating at home in the last year, and looking forward to when we can gather again, the idea of doing a new cookbook came to mind.
We are asking everyone to participate!
We know you all have favorite recipes you can share.…some old, some new. We cook and eat differently than we did almost 30 years ago. We have new appliances and a new appreciation of what it is to ‘eat healthy.’ Of course, this doesn’t mean we want to exclude all those family favorites that we look forward to when they are served. Please share them with us.
A big plus is in the way these books are now being produced. You can submit your recipes online, 24/7. (If you don’t have internet access, you can submit them to us in hard copy. Mail to Ladue Chapel c/o Jeanne Wilton). Our deadline for submission is June 18, 2021. If you have questions or want to help out, you can contact: [email protected]
To Submit Recipes Online:
- Go to typensave.com and click ‘Login.’
- Enter the User Name: LC2021
- Enter the password: broccoli996 and click ‘Submit.’
- Enter your name and click ‘Continue.’
- Click ‘Add Recipes’ to begin adding your recipes.
Recipe Writing Tips:
- When adding recipes, review the “Tips” and use standard abbreviations.
- Only enter 1 ingredient per ingredient line.
- List ingredients in order of use in the ingredients list and directions.
- Include container sizes, e.g., (16-oz.) pkg., (24-oz.) can.
- Write directions in paragraph form, not in steps.
- Use names of ingredients in the directions, e.g., “Combine flour and sugar.” DO NOT use statements like, “Combine first three ingredients.”
- Include temperatures and cooking, chilling, baking, and/or freezing times.
- Additional comments about the recipe (history, nutritional data, suggested uses, etc.) are not allowed unless a “Recipe Note” field is visible. Enter extra recipe content in that field.